Our customer is one of the UK’s biggest utilities companies. Their Data Factory data integration platform was generating intelligence and forecasts through data mining, exploration, analysis and interpretation to detect blockages and leaks in their physical infrastructure.
This legacy data, however, was both fragmented and poorly optimised to provide the high-spec reporting capabilities our customer needed. Lacking the in-house expertise to address this challenge, they sought help from Tecknuovo.
We helped our customer by:
- Defining requirements for realising more value by re-modelling, refining and re-engineering the legacy data
- Building an industry-defining and award-winning digital twin of our customer’s clean water network. The model has since paved the way for replicas across the industry.
- Extensively upskilling our customers’ in-house teams on data and DevOps best practice
- Building 15 AI-based products across the platform to detect blockages and leaks
- Re-designing and optimising how data flows in and out of the data warehouse
Our team’s work has enabled our customer to:
- Save up to one million litres of water from being lost by identifying and mitigating leaks using advanced data science, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Find leaks and blockages faster, preventing them before they affect customers.
- Speed up delivery across the Data Factory by five days’ work down to three
- Slash costs by £20m through a sewage treatment works upgrade programme.
- Build a new supply and demand model to maintain a major UK city’s water supply during the pandemic
- Drastically increase the quality and quantity of reporting thanks to the re-modelled data